7 Fundamentals To Successfully Sell To Bigger Accounts
- Approach prospects with CONFIDENCE. There is nothing more detrimental to the sales process than appearing needy, nervous or insecure.
- Start at the TOP.
- Never forget that you are dealing with PEOPLE and that EMOTIONS are driving their decisions regardless of how big or small the organization. The key drivers are:
- Ego and Competitiveness (desire to be #1)
- Wanting to feel important; make smart decisions
- Avoiding embarrassment
- Greed, turf protection and the desire for self-preservation
- Have a clear, strong, and quantifiable VALUE PROPOSITION that is meaningful to a C-Level decisionmaker.
- Position yourself as a business consultant not a “techie”
- Know what the NET benefits are if a client engages with you
- Know why a prospect should choose YOU over any and every other option (USP or key differentiators)
- Never limit your touch point to ONLY ONE PERSON. Almost ALL decisions in larger companies are made by a group of people.
- RESEARCH your prospects carefully to know:
- Who their customers are and what they do for them
- Who the potential decisionmakers and influencers are
- What industry trends are affecting them
- Who their competitors are
- What significant changes or initiatives are going on
- What’s HOT in their industry right now
- What’s controversial in their industry right now
- Remember, not everyone will see value in what you do or be ready to engage with you right away; the worst they can say is NO.
3 Execution Steps:
Step 1: Define Your Value Proposition And Key Differentiators Read full article and comment →